Friday, November 7, 2008

US Trip part 5d Pagosa hot springs

The brother had to go down to Farmington
So I tagged along... again

It was really boring
"again"
As we left we stopped at Burrito Emase

picked up our lunch

then left for Pagossa Hot Springs

En route
we came across this winery



It did not look like any winery I had seen before
But, the wines were a pleasant surprise



With this sign hanging above the door
They believe in their product



I wonder if they heard the one about
the man from Nantucket

We made a stop at this church
so I could repent
and change my evil ways
(or so I was told, I don't think Jepedo
likes the accordion music I was playing.
heathen)



Everything in this town is named after Abe










We found a nice shady spot overlooking the water
to eat our burritos



When they were putting the salsa into these small cup
they forgot to tell me that
THIS IS THE BEST SALSA EVER
"num num num"



While we were eating
we could here someone
"trying"
to start a boat on the water

To persuade the motor to start
they use colorful language
the motor does not care
it will not start
It just lays there taking their abuse
as they drift further, and further from shore

They are not happy men
They must not own a XT



One must not enjoy the misery of others
I was soon to find out

Jepedo had gone for a walk saying
something bla bla Sun bla bla vitamin D

A couple of "ladies" sat down next to me
They started to give a running comentary
on the boat with the motor that would not go
It went on and on and on
Then talked about all the ailments they could expect
to have over the course of their lives

We were in the only shady spot for miles
it was a hundred degrees in the sun
I felt like a rat in a cage




On the way to the hot springs you pass chimney rock



For some reason I did not take any photos of the hotsprings
they were great, and when you get too hot
you jump in the river
:) :)



Another burrito shop



This colorful place was just up from a cold beer store
where
I bought the wrong beer
I went in not listening to what my brother was blabing about
I spy my favorite beer



But, knowing that Jepedo likes
"lite beer"
I buy some that looks ok
I get back to his truck, and he go's off
"Why did you buy that crap"
"I hate that s#@t"

But I am too lazy to go back in and change it
so we settle for crappy beer
and a nice drive back to Durango





"Bugs on the windshield headed south"






No comments: